This Side by Side module is the second part in a three-part series. It has been designed to help you and the people who support you learn how to have a great working relationship.
Any good relationship requires work, care, and attention so that it can continue to grow and develop. This module will look at what both you and your support staff need to help your relationship strengthen and grow over time.
This module features presentations from many leading professionals and self-advocates, including Patti Scott, Jeremy Donaldson, and Natalia Manning.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Understand how you can support and grow a better relationship between you and your support staff.
- Explain what makes effective communication.
- Describe some ways to deal with conflicts and differences.
- Explain the importance of compromise.
- Understand ways to best support and appreciate each other.
- Understand the boundaries of the relationship.