If you understand the power that direct support staff have when they provide personal and intimate care, then you will also know how important this essential training is. Watch the trailer:
– Provide assistance from the perspective of the person you support that is sensitive, calm, respectful, private and patient.
– Help people to be able to make choices and be in control, even when they do not communicate by using words.
– Understand what parallel talk is and how it can be used to seek permission.
– Create and built on the boundaries between you and the person you support.
– Explain how to create and the purpose of a protocol for personal care.
Learn more about this and all of our modules here.