Dave Hingsburger will change the way you think about your work and the way that you support people. Our new module ‘Me and Mine’ explores the importance of self and the need to help the people you support to develop a stronger sense of self.
Why do the people you support try to please you? How do you control these people? How can you help people to build and defend their sense of self? All of these questions and many more will be explored and answered in this enlightening and groundbreaking module. This module features presentations from Dave Hingsburger, John Raffaele, and Joseph Macbeth.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
– Explain why “me and mine” is the most important boundary.
– Understand the importance of self and the difficulties and challenges that the people you support may have in developing a strong sense of self.
– Understand the power that your role provides to you, and the the potential implications of that power.
– Describe how easily “self” can be violated.
– Implement practical everyday approaches that will help the people you support to develop an authentic voice and a strong sense of self.
Learn more about this new module here.