We have broken down the steps to employment into three bite size modules that take 30 minutes each to complete. Watch the trailers below and read more about all of our Side by Side modules here.
Step 1. Thinking About Employment
This module will help you to think more about the employment. The module will explain obstacles that might make it difficult to find a job, as well as the benefits and importance of employment. This module features presentations from a range of leading professional and self-advocates, including Fredda Rosen, Steve Dymond, and Jack Pearpoint.
After finishing this module, you will be able to:
– Understand the obstacles that might make it difficult for you to find a job.
– Explain the many benefits and the importance of employment,
– Discuss whether employment is something you would like to think about more.
Step 2. Types of Employment
If you are thinking about employment, it is good to know that there are lots of different options and different ways that you can start work. This module explains the following types of employment: unpaid work, paid employment, customized employment, and sef-employment.
This module features presentations from a range of leading professions and self advocates including: Fredda Rosen, Katrina Reese, Steve Dymond, and Brad Goldman.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
– Understand the benefits and risks of unpaid work.
– Describe what paid employment is.
– Explain what customized employment is and how it is different from traditional employment.
Step 3. Finding and Keeping Employment
This module will explain how you can find and keep employment.
This module features presentations from a range of leading professionals and self-advocates including Jack Pearpoint, Harvey Pacht, Rachel Pollack, and Fredda Rosen.
After completing this module, you will be ale to:
– Understand who can help you to find employment and how they can help you.
– Explain the importance of the discovery process and the need to plan with others.
– Describe the process of applying and interviewing for employment.
– Explain how you can keep a job once you have found one.