Welcome to our latest module Intensive Interaction!
Intensive Interaction is an approach for teaching communication skills to people with autism and severe intellectual disabilities.
For these people who are still at early levels of development as communicators, Intensive Interaction progresses their abilities to interact, connect, and communicate with the people around them.
This module has been written by Dave Hewett and Graham Firth. This module features presentations from a range of leading professionals, including Dave Hewett, Graham Firth, Jan Gordon, and Ditte Rose Andersen.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain what Intensive Interaction is, whom it is for, and how it can help people.
- Understand the fundamentals of communication and how Intensive Interaction can support their development.
- Discuss the best practice approaches to providing quality Intensive Interaction interventions.
- Explain how and why to record Intensive Interaction.
- Describe how Intensive Interaction supports the needs of people who have autism.
- Explain the organizational support you will need to implement Intensive Interaction with the people you support.
- Answer concerns that others may have about age appropriateness and physical contact associated with Intensive Interaction practice.
Learn more here.