About six months ago I received this message from a colleague:
I just ran a focus group for people with intellectual disabilities and one of the support staff for a woman with quite high needs sat and played Candy Crush on her phone for two hours!!! I travel by public transport and constantly see support staff texting furiously away, ignoring the person they are PAID to support. As a parent as well as someone who works with people with disabilities this makes me so ANGRY!
Inspired, we made this:
Phones are incredibly helpful to support providers. They promote flexibility, freedom, and allow us to stay in constant contact with each other. But we all know what it feels like when someone is not present. Watch this excerpt from our module ‘Working on the Inside’:
To learn more about this module watch this trailer:
Five things to know about Open Future:
– Our free trial allows up to three staff two weeks access to our entire resource.
– You decide what level of membership best fits your needs.
– There is no contract of use and no admin fees.
– You can use any part of our resource with groups of learners and only use one seat on your membership.
– Every users gets access to our entire resource by default.
Learn more about all of our modules here.